[Baypiggies] Bay Area python competitive programming

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 04:47:21 CET 2014

There are all sorts of programming competitions. Some require you to solve
multiple problems in a short amount of time. Some require you to build
software that competes against other pieces of software; these competitions
might last one or multiple days. There's the week long competition in which
you program a video game in Python called PyWeek. There's the yearly ICFP
programming competition which is (in my opinion) perhaps the most
illustrious competition.

I've participated in several programming competitions. Wesley Chun hosted a
programming competition at PyCon a few years back. As usual, I got my butt
handed to me in a box ;) In this case, a young Russian kid won the
competition.

Apparently, they train for this sort of thing in Russia. They have
programming competition coaches in the same way you might have a tennis
coach here.