[Baypiggies] See you this Thursday

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Wed Feb 26 08:57:07 CET 2014

Reminder:

http://baypiggies.net/

Main Presentation

*Speaker: Paul Orland*
Topic: Python Tools for Visual Studio (PTVS)

*Abstract:*
Python Tools for Visual Studio (PTVS) is a free, open source plugin that
turns Visual Studio into a Python IDE.  PTVS supports CPython as well as
IronPython, and provides IDE features like Intellisense, debugging, and
code-browsing for Python applications.  Python can be used to create apps
for Windows 8.1 and RT, and it is a first-class language for Windows Azure,
the Microsoft cloud.  In this talk, I will walk through several sample
applications and show off some powerful PTVS features.

*Speaker: *
Paul Orland is co-founder and CTO at Tachyus, building software for the oil
and gas industry to optimize energy production.  Formerly, he worked on the
cloud tools team within Visual Studio at Microsoft, specifically building
the IDE extension for browsing data stored in Windows Azure.  He worked on
the same team as the Python Tools developers, and learned a thing or two
from looking over their shoulders.

*If you wish to post jobs here, please go to : Job Listings
<http://baypiggies.net/job-listings/job-listings>*
Meeting ScheduleThe meeting begins @ 7:30PM.
The main presentation will start @ 7:40 PM, after the usual announcements.

LinkedIn Corporation
2061 (aka Bldg 6)Stierlin Ct
Mountain View, CA 94043

Meeting Room: *Neon Carrot* room (subject to change monthly)

--

We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing. Action
always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action.

-- Frank Tibolt