[Baypiggies] Python "Coaching"

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 00:36:42 CEST 2014

+1 on doing something similar in the south bay -- @simeon, how often does
the SF Python Meetup run these? once a month, every few weeks?

cheers,
--wesley

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 12:25 PM, Simeon Franklin <simeonf at gmail.com> wrote:

> Everybody is cordially invited to SF Python Meetup's "Project Nights"
> which are semi-unstructured hang out time aimed at helping beginners in the
> Python community connect with more experienced Pythonistas. We usually run
> a class or two: Last time we had a Pandas tutorial, an "Intro to Python for
> complete beginners", a Pyramid tutorial, and a Twisted workspace courtesy
> of Glyph et al.
>
> We also have space for people to work on projects and a list of mentors
> who show up just to answer questions. You can probably find somebody to
> take a look at your code with an experienced eye.
>
> -best
> Simeon
>

> On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 10:59 AM, Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> wrote:
>
>> Schedule permitting, I'd be happy to help out anyone who needs it in SF.
>> I teach HS students with Mission Bit during the school year, advise a few
>> startups, and do a some online mentoring with exercism.io and
>> codementor.io. I'm not personally writing much Python these days other
>> than maintenance of simplejson, but I'm not rusty yet :)
>>

>> On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 4:12 PM, Paul Karayan <paulkarayan at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Perhaps an odd request:
>>> I'm a hobbyist programmer who loves to build things but would really
>>> benefit from consistent feedback to keep improving.
>>>
>>> Wondering if there is someone on the list (or that you know and to whom
>>> I can be pointed) that I can work with for 1 hour each week. Looking to
>>> review projects I'm working on for design & style improvements, and
>>> generally answer questions.
>>>
>>> We can negotiate timing and compensation - both are flexible - and in
>>> person meetings are desirable but not necessary (I work in Mountain View
>>> and live in South San Francisco).
>>>
>>> Please let me know. Thanks!

"A computer never does what you want... only what you tell it."
    +wesley chun <http://google.com/+WesleyChun> : wescpy at gmail : @wescpy
<http://twitter.com/wescpy>
    Python training & consulting : http://CyberwebConsulting.com
    "Core Python" books : http://CorePython.com