[Baypiggies] BayPiggies AV (audio/video) Person

James Nicholson nicholsonjf at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 03:36:11 CEST 2014

Hey everyone,

I brought this up at our meeting on Thursday, but wanted to get a
conversation started here as well.

I'm working in San Francisco now and won't be able to consistently be at
LinkedIn in Mountain View by 7:30pm to record our talks.

Here are a few of the perks of being the BayPiggies AV person:

- Increased exposure at meetings (good for networking)
- Interaction with our speakers
- Learning a marketable skill (recording and archiving tech talks)
- Resume builder and good discussion topic for interviews

There are two methods I've used to record/archive our talks these past nine
months:

1. Record video/audio with the group's camcorder (I have it currently),
transfer the file to my laptop, then upload it to our YouTube channel
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBJV1sd5XcVhijm13pWfBCg>.

2. Using a Google Hangout on Air
<https://support.google.com/plus/answer/2553119?hl=en> to record the screen
and voice of the presenting laptop (which automatically uploads to our
YouTube channel).

Method two is much easier, and allows us to live stream the talks.

Can anyone volunteer to help out with this moving forward?

-James