[Baypiggies] Why python 3 works on this domain but python 2 crashes

Jeff Chen jeff.chen.urbana at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 06:11:48 CEST 2015

Hi there,

I am encountering a strange issue on python.

I am trying to make a HTTP request to following domain and get
response: *https://order.dominos.com
<https://order.dominos.com>*

1) When I use python 3, I used following code

*import urllib.requesturl = "https://order.dominos.com
<https://order.dominos.com>"urllib.request.urlopen(url).read()*

2) When I use python 2, I used following code

*import urllib2url="https://order.dominos.com
<https://order.dominos.com>"urllib2.urlopen(url).read()*

The code for Python 3 worked well, but the code for Python 2 crashed the
program. Both programs worked well on any other domains that I tried.
Can anyone tell me why and how can I address this issue in Python 2?

Really appreciate any of your help.

Thanks,
Jeff