[Baypiggies] A Call to Support Nepal: Earthquake Emergency Relief Fund

Don Sheu don at sheu.com
Sat May 2 00:06:37 CEST 2015

Dear Baypiggies,

Please read this important request for help and share with your community.
This message is from Prerak a friend of mine and a native of Nepal. He’s in
Seattle as a masters student in CS, and he is a talented Pythonista and
data nerd. Right now his nation needs everybody’s help.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hi Everyone,

My name is Prerak Pradhan and I am an MSIM student at the University of
Washignton. I am from Nepal and as you may have heard my country has
suffered an unimaginable tragedy. The earthquake left my home town, the
capital, Kathmandu, in ruins with about 1000 estimated deaths there and
about 4700 dead throughout the country. The neighborhood that I grew up in
is now gone and my own house is at the moment unsafe for living.

As you can imagine it has been a very difficult time for me.  The past few
days for me have been nothing short of a very bad nightmare. Being helpless
as your loved ones suffer is probably the worst feeling one can have.

The Nepalese Student Association at the University of Washington is raising
funds to support the relief effort in the remote villages of Gorkha, Nepal
(near epicenter of the earthquake). Any financial help that you provide
will make an immediate difference to the lives of the survivors. The funds
will be disbursed through a local relief agency Bhume JanaKalyan Samaj, a
non-profit organization based in Kathmandu and actively working in the
highly impacted villages in Gorkha, Nepal.

*You can donate by either going to **Nepalese Student Association*
<http://t.signauxdeux.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0SmZ58dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7sM9dn7dK_MMdBzM2-04?t=http%3A%2F%2Fstudents.washington.edu%2Fnepaluw%2F&si=5881429413068800&pi=3b27ee03-258a-44ca-8d19-cb94eb66bbca>*
or
can go directly to the funding page **here*
<http://t.signauxdeux.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0SmZ58dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7sM9dn7dK_MMdBzM2-04?t=http%3A%2F%2Figg.me%2Fat%2FaPgvhAH-RcM%2Fx%2F10642662&si=5881429413068800&pi=3b27ee03-258a-44ca-8d19-cb94eb66bbca>
*.*

Your contribution will be used to house Nepalese in tents, provide my
people warmth with space blankets, and nourish them with food that will be
distributed to the people in the affected areas. A portion of the funds
will also go towards rebuilding the region.

By donating to either of these funds you will help my nation cope with the
aftermath of this disaster. Every dollar counts and no financial support is
small.

Please feel free to contact me at prerak at uw.edu if you have any queries.

Please circulate this information to anybody who you think might offer some
help.

Thank You,

Prerak Pradhan

--
  Don Sheu
  許家豪

*Early-stage Python Startups Apply for Startup Row
at www.F6s.com/pyconstartuprowapplication#/apply
<https://www.f6s.com/pyconmontrealstartuprowapplication#/apply>*

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*: *The information contained in this message may be
protected trade secrets or protected by applicable intellectual property
laws of the United States and International agreements. If you believe that
it has been sent to you in error, do not read it. Please immediately reply
to the sender that you have received the message in error. Then delete it.
Thank you.*