[Baypiggies] Companies moving to Python 3?

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 02:19:48 EDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 4:37 PM, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 30, 2015, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> > Thanks to all who responded to my question about companies using Python
> 3. I did not mean to cause a ruckus. :)

No, I think your question was quite warranted, and rather than a "ruckus,"
you brought about discussion/dialogue that needed to happen. The audio
isn't great, but we had nearly the same 2 vs. 3 discussion
<http://youtu.be/f2hrpehGXLw> at the SF Python Meetup last summer, although
there were more against-3 attendees & panel members. :-)

> > Despite these transition pains, of all the languages I work with, I
> > actually feel *happy* when I work with Python. :)
>
> Next year will be my fortieth anniversary of writing programs.  However,
> until I learned Python (a little over fifteen years ago), I hated
> programming and I rarely called myself a programmer.
>
> Thanks, Guido!

I too blame Guido for my career. ;-)

Cheers,
-- Wesley
"A computer never does what you want... only what you tell it."
    +wesley chun <http://google.com/+WesleyChun> : wescpy at gmail : @wescpy
<http://twitter.com/wescpy>
    Python training & consulting : http://CyberwebConsulting.com
    "Core Python" books : http://CorePython.com