[Baypiggies] PyCon is *ONLY* 47 days away

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Mon Apr 11 23:39:32 EDT 2016

It's that time again. My favorite conference is right around the corner. I
actually use my annual vacation time and pay for the conference myself (if
I never get a company to sponsor it). It's that much fun.

Who's going to tutorials? Who's running in the 5k? Who's staying for
sprints?  What is your favorite talk from last year? I can't wait to hang
out with friends who I hadn't seen in a year.

And, great news for the Bay Area --  It's so much closer this year -- a
stone's throw away (in comparison).

https://us.pycon.org/2016/

Do you want to participate in the goodness but have missed the
registration, come see some of the talks that people will be delivering at
PyCon?

http://www.meetup.com/BAyPIGgies/events/228208945/

Are you like "Oh Crap! I'm giving a talk and I haven't practiced yet!"? We
have one 30 minute slot open and several lightning talk slots open. Send an
email (single email sent to both glen at glenjarvis.com and
jeffrey.fischer at gmail.com) and we'll get you on the calendar.

Glen

P.S. My favorite talk from last year was a keynote by Jacob Kaplan-Moss: "I
don't deserve to be here.":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIJdFxYlEKE