[Baypiggies] Big changes to the BayPIGgies Meetups

Stephen spmcinerney at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 13 08:04:24 EST 2016

I was about to post about this mystery too:- I guess all the Meetup organizers became inactive sometime December,  and David A quietly stepped down without publicizing it, then the Meetup had no owner,and could be taken over by anyone.- Suresh V took over the Meetup group, charged a $20 fee per person per year, (which means he just made $600 off other people's community work, without permission), changed the Meetup name to "Bay Area Python 3.x Indulgence Group" (http://www.meetup.com/BayPIGgies/), unilaterally changed the venue, dates etc. (Actually he initially tried to charge $5/person/month dues, which would have been $60/person/year, to all 300 members.)- I'm not sure he's even allowed to do that and probably he should give the BayPIGgies Meetup organizer position back (he's welcome to start his own totally separate for-profit Python Meetup, but not use the BayPIGgies name, and he should probably also refund all the $600 he obtained by using the BayPIGgies name without any permission)- does anyone have a contact for David A, the old organizer? I checked and I don't.  I don't even know the spelling of his last name otherwise I'd have reached him in December.  We need to redistribute his organizer duties in a coordinated way. (Thanks David for the hard work.)- meanwhile who are the owners of this BayPIGgies mailing-list and www.baypiggies.net site admin  and domain name owner?
Stephen