[Baypiggies] Message sent to Suresh (baypiggies meetup)

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 03:20:41 EST 2016

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 9:18 PM, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 14, 2016, William Deegan wrote:
> >
> > - bdbaddog 1:37 PM
> > - Suresh I see your intentions weren't bad. However I believe you now
> know
> > there is a python users group in the bay area since 2002.
>
> Not that it really matters, but I believe that BayPIGgies was started in
> 1996 or 1997.  It certainly existed before I started learning Python
> 12/1998.

Actually, no. :-) I think Deirdre *wanted* to start it around that time,
but it originate until May 1999 (
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/1999-May/000235.html). The meeting,
however, didn't happen due to an email mishap (
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/1999-July/000344.html).

The 1st meeting really took place in Jul 1999 (
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/1999-July/000346.html). I was there
when Guido was the speaker at the CoffeeNet in SF where it was SRO with ppl
peeking in from outside trying to hear/get in.

Anyone remember then moving it down from SF to ... (can't remember the 2nd
location), but then we moved to Google in Mtn View, then Stanford, then i2
then (can't remember) then Symantec, then LinkedIn, and so where are we now?

Cheers,
-- Wesley
"A computer never does what you want... only what you tell it."
    +wesley chun <http://google.com/+WesleyChun> : wescpy at gmail : @wescpy
<http://twitter.com/wescpy>
    Python training & consulting : http://CyberwebConsulting.com
    "Core Python" books : http://CorePython.com