[Baypiggies] Proposal: 2016 BayPIGgies Reboot: 28-Jan

Jeff Fischer jeffrey.fischer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 12:40:27 EST 2016

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 8:47 PM, Glen Jarvis <glen at glenjarvis.com> wrote:

> tl;dnr:
>
> * Please +/- 1 if I can take initiative to make 28-Jan happen.

+1
 First, I would like to thank Glen for stepping in to help sort out
BayPiggies!

 Second, I am happy to help out as a meeting (co-)organizer, starting with
the February meeting. Ideally, there would be other people willing to help
out -  I think a multi-coordinator structure, like that of the SF meetup,
would work best. I've been involved in other kinds of non-profits in the
past, and people leaving without a transition is one of the biggest
challenges (particularly if they get burnt out).

I have not been involved in BayPiggies for several years (well, since my
daughter was born 3 years ago), but used to attend the meetings at
Symantec. I gave a few "newbie nugget" presentations and a long talk on
deployment. I have been meaning to get involved again, and I guess this is
a good opportunity to do so.

I'm not sure who (if anyone) is currently responsible for the meetings. I
will be at the January 28th meeting and will talk to Glen and anyone else
who is interested. If you cannot make the next meeting but still would like
to help, perhaps reply to the list and we can be sure to include you.

Thanks,
Jeff Fischer