[Baypiggies] Message sent to Suresh (baypiggies meetup)

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Fri Jan 15 12:42:37 EST 2016

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 7:25 AM, Bernd <berndca at gmail.com> wrote:

> Suresh has changed the name of his meetup to BayPRIGgies which has the new
> url:
>
> http://www.meetup.com/BayPRIGgies/
>
> and added the following to the top of the groups home page:
>
> Disclaimer:
>>
>> We have nothing to do with the previous decades' organizations bearing
>> the name BayPIGgies and the associated website or email.
>>

> This should allow us to recover our groups url and past meetups with the
> help of meetup tech support.
> We would have to create a new meetup group for BayPIGgies.
>
> I understand that this is certainly not an ideal route. However I this
> might be our easiest route right now.
>
> What do you think?

I personally think this is the best plan going forward and I also had the
same idea. I donated the original MeetUp site. I can donate a second (and
then work with the Python Software Foundation to get it officially
sponsored and controlled by the group.

Before I take any action, however, I will wait for 24 hours. Saturday
morning, by 9:30 am, I will register the new domain. Please -1 or +1 so
that I know the group consensus (or at least the group's feeling on this
plan).

If we do this, all will be restored except those who made payment
previously. It may feel like an injustice has occurred. And, it has on all
fronts -- everyone has been negatively impacted by this. We want to be
"made whole" -- and re-registering the domain would make us almost
completely "whole" in this matter.

Please +1 if you wish for me to register BayPIGgies again with MeetUp (I
will donate costs via my company).

Please -1 if you don't wish for me to take this action.

In an absence of votes I will take this action tomorrow morning (Saturday)
at 9:30 am.

Kindest Regards,

Glen Jarvis