[Baypiggies] Looking for decent backend engineers (python and devops) in SF

Cal Leeming cal at plastc.com
Mon Jan 25 05:41:56 EST 2016

Hey all,

There is an opening in my team for another backend engineer, see spec;
https://goo.gl/BvCzyI

For more info about our company and product, see here;
https://goo.gl/EQ3npw

This is a great opportunity for anyone that enjoys working with clean code and producing quality results, as opposed to rushing crap out of the door.

And no, we’re not going to ask you to write bubble sort on a whiteboard, or produce code on a crappy thinkpad during your interview. That’s just not how we roll.

You can read more about perks and such in the full spec, but here’s the most important parts;

Rates: competitive, based on experience

Pre-reqs;

* Strong experience working with large scale Python projects
* Deep understanding of Python
* Good understanding of Linux
* Ability to produce clean, beautiful and well documented/tested code
* Ability to switch between TDD and prototyping

Bonus points;

* Experience with Bottle, Peewee ORM, PyTest and Python 3
* Experience with Postgres / RethinkDB
* Experience with Docker, Vagrant and AWS
* Experience with microservices, multilayered architecture and seperation of concern
* Knowledge of zero downtime database migrations
* Keen interest in security (reverse engineering etc)
* DevOps tool chain, such as New Relic, Sentry etc

If you’re interested, either apply in the link or email me directly. And if you’re local to Powell Street, stop by and say hello!

Cal