[Baypiggies] Bay Area mini-PyCon

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 19:38:07 EDT 2016

Reminder that today is the last day to submit talk proposals. Below is a
message from the primary organizer (some of you know Grace already who also
runs the SF Python Meetup <http://meetup.com/sfpython>). The earlybird
tickets did start selling yesterday.

Cheers,
--Wesley

If your company uses Python as part of your stack, or if your software tool
supports the Python ecosystem, you’ll want to know about a new opportunity
for your engineers to learn from industry leaders, showcase what you do,
and network for your next hire.

SF Python <http://sfpython.org/> is organizing PyBay <http://pybay.com>,
the first Python Conference in SF, August 19-21. We will have about 35
talks, with Raymond Hettinger and Jessica Mckellar
<http://web.mit.edu/jesstess/www/> delivering keynotes; 4 tracks; 400-600
devs; and all in 1 weekend. This is a regional version of the always
sold-out PyCon <https://twitter.com/hashtag/pycon2016?src=hash>. The
difference? All local devs, more intimate, a dedicated hallway track for
all-weekend-long hacking/discussions/open space sessions with like-minded
engineers, no traveling cost involved, and yoga classes + free massages to
keep you in top shape (if sponsor secured). More details at
http://www.pybay.com.

Would you consider allocating budget for your team to attend PyBay
<http://pybay.com/> and encourage your team to submit talks? The call for
proposal <http://www.pybay.com/#!call-for-proposals/sonxv> ends on June 17.

Aside from sponsorship opportunities
<http://www.pybay.com/#!sponsorship/z49gr>, you may find the partner talk
slot, massage, and conference backpack options interesting. The partner
talk slot opportunity will probably sell out, so act on it now or let
Conference Chair gracelaw at mac.com know if you are thinking about it. She is
also happy to work with you on other suggestions to maximize your exposure.

A limited number of early bird tickets will go on sale around June 16. Sign
up at the bottom of the conference website home page to receive updates.

Thanks sooo much for considering and please do pass this along to people
whom you think can benefit! If you are the first to help us get press on
Hacker News, TechCrunch or similar sites, send links to gracelaw at mac.com to
receive a free O’Reilly ebook.

Sincerely,

Grace Law

PyBay and SF Python Organizer

415-323-0388

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 12:21 AM, Grant Ridder <shortdudey123 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Simeon,
>
> Any further info about the dates?  Which weekend it is will determine if i
> attend / submit a talk since i already have plans one of the weekends.
>
> -Grant
>
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 3:13 PM, Simeon Franklin <simeonf at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hey All -
>>
>> I'm helping organize a Bay Area mini-PyCon. We hope to provide a
>> three-day Weekend conference open to 400-600 Pythonistas at the end of
>> August. We haven't nailed down our venue or the exact date yet but we do
>> have Jessica McKellar and Raymond Hettinger lined up to offer the keynote
>> addresses. See pybay.com for all the details.
>>
>> I hope you'll come - but I'm actually writing hoping you'll come and
>> speak! The call for proposals closes on the 17th and we would love it if
>> you'd submit your talk <http://www.pybay.com/#!call-for-proposals/sonxv>.
>> Early submitters may get feedback from the content committee to improve the
>> odds of your proposal being accepted so please don't wait till the last
>> minute!
>>
>> -regards
>> Simeon Franklin

"A computer never does what you want... only what you tell it."
    +wesley chun <http://google.com/+WesleyChun> : wescpy at gmail : @wescpy
<http://twitter.com/wescpy>
    Python training & consulting : http://CyberwebConsulting.com
    "Core Python" books : http://CorePython.com