[Baypiggies] Reminder: BayPiggies meeting this Thursday 7 pm @ LinkedIn: Python <=> Virtual Reality app

Jeff Fischer jeffrey.fischer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 17:33:58 EDT 2016

Just a reminder that Matt Savage is giving this month's BayPiggies talk
this Thursday. Details can be found on our website's home page at
baypigges.net and on the Meetup.com event page
<http://www.meetup.com/BAyPIGgies/events/228208209/>.

Matt has an update on the talk:

My fellow Baypiggies, pythonistas and pythoneers -

If you wish to be an active participant in the meetup on Thursday, I
recommend you take the following steps:

[1] Install Unity3d on your laptops.
http://unity3d.com/get-unity­ (the Personal Edition will suffice)

[2] Download the Cardboard SDK.
For Android:
https://developers.google.com/cardboard/unity/get-started
For iOS:
https://developers.google.com/cardboard/unity/get-started-ios

[3] Bring a cable, Bluetooth device or other device that enables you to
build from Unity3d to your phone. If you do not wish to do this, you can
still compile Cardboard to standalone Mac or Windows platforms.

[4] Bring a Cardboard viewer. I tend to recommend Unofficial Cardboard; I
find its adjustable lenses to be very useful.
http://www.unofficialcardboard.com/collections/all/products/2-0-plus?variant=13557088519

I look forward to seeing everyone on Thursday!
Matt Savage

Thanks!
-Jeff