[Baypiggies] Images in Tkinter, help before I go nuts

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Wed Mar 23 01:55:33 EDT 2016

On 2016-03-22 02:53 -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:

> TclError: image "pyimage1" doesn't exist

The issue turns out to be this: one must keep a reference to the image
object other than just passing it to Label.config(), otherwise it will
be "finalized" as soon as the variable naming it goes out of scope.  And
silently so.

Probably a good part of the ppl seeing this error and asking on
StackOverflow would solve it this way, but not many answers mention it.

My project can be seen here:

https://github.com/nobrowser/coverlet

Sorry to say that to make use of it you need a repository of cover art
in a very specific format which I still need to document.  That will be
the next step, after I recover from this battle.