[Baypiggies] Python Programming for Beginners class at UCSC Extension

Irv Kalb Irv at furrypants.com
Wed Oct 5 01:12:59 EDT 2016

Hello,

I will be teaching a course called “Python Programming for Beginners” at University of California Santa Cruz - Extension in Santa Clara.  (UCSC Extension now has a beautiful new facility.)  The course is designed for people with no previous programming experience and teaches basic programming concepts using Python.  I have developed my own curriculum for this class, and I’ve received consistent feedback from students that they enjoyed the class and have found the material to highly useful.

The course meets on six Wednesday nights from Oct 19 through Nov 30th from 6:30 to 9:30 (no meeting Thanksgiving week).  Very hands-on - lots of sample programs.

Sign ups are open to the general public and there is still time to register.  The course fee is $580 (many companies will reimburse the cost of courses at UCSC-Extension).  More details are available at:

   http://course.ucsc-extension.edu/modules/shop/index.html?action=section&OfferingID=3576274&SectionID=5278785

If you have any questions, free to contact me directly at ikalb at ucsc.edu

Feel free to forward this message on to anyone that you think might be interested.

Irv

PS:  In the course, I go over much of the material in my new book:  Learn to Program with Python