[Baypiggies] Talk this Thursday / Data Science / Turn messy health data into insights and decisions

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Wed Feb 22 01:16:50 EST 2017

It's that time again. We have our Data Science talk this week:

RSVP:
https://www.meetup.com/BAyPIGgies/events/233454803/

Thursday, February 23, 2017
7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
LinkedIn, Yosemite Room
605 W. Maude Ave, Sunnyvale, CA

Abstract
Productionizing data science often involves a team of scientists
prototyping a statistical model in a language like R followed by a team of
engineers translating and rebuilding that model into a “production"
language. However, with Python, it’s easy to have your Data Science team
and your Engineering teams working together collaboratively in the same
language. But how does a modular production data science pipeline in Python
look? This talk will cover how the data science pipeline at Clover
automatically turns messy health data into insights and decisions.
Bio
Melanie Goetz is a Data Science Lead at Clover Health, a health insurance
startup in San Francisco. She studied Linguistics and Math/CS at MIT and
dropped out of a CS PhD at UPenn. Previously, she worked at Oracle on
machine learning, at Klout on natural language processing, and at Twitter
on big data ad munging.

Cheers,

Glen