[Baypiggies] SauceLabs is hiring for lead engineers for Data and Web Platform teams

Aseem Mohanty ams.fwd at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 16:08:44 EDT 2017

Hi All,

A couple of teams I work with are looking to add lead engineers to build
our products.

I am the hiring manager and will likely be able to answer most questions.
Please email me off-list if are interested in the position.

Thanks.
AM

Lead Engineer (Platform/API):
Location: Remote EU/CET preferred, Remote US/Canada OK

Responsibilities:
- Work on a cross functional project team and participate in shaping the
technical direction to deliver high availability services and APIs that
feed organization wide services
- Design and build new APIs and services that help our customers and
engineers build new products
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from planning through
implementation, documentation, testing, and deployment, all the way to
monitoring
- Implement high quality, maintainable systems that facilitate low friction
development and deployment
- Participate in architectural decisions about adoption of new technologies
- Mentor other engineers about best practices regarding software
development and dev-ops principles
- Work with product management to vet and guide the overall development of
the product
- Own the services that power the APIs and serve as lead and architect for
the team.

Preferred Experience and Background:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 6-10 years of software development
- Extensive experience with object oriented languages used in back-end
products like Python, Ruby or Java. We work in Python.
- Demonstrable experience in managing and working with RDBMS
- Experience with managing infrastructure and systems.
- Experience being on pager rotation, monitoring duties and capacity
planning
- Experience with highly available systems, scaling services and rapid
debugging
- Extensive experience with web frameworks, RESTful APIs, API design and
microservices
- Experience with and enthusiasm for agile software and test driven
development
- Strong sense of ownership, teamwork and passion for engineering great
products with stellar user experiences

Lead Engineer (Data/Analytics)
Location: SF Bay Area

Responsibilities:
- Work on a cross functional project team and participate in shaping the
technical direction to deliver high availability services and APIs that
feed into the analytics product
- Design and build new features that help our customers get insight into
how and why their tests are behaving
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from planning through
implementation, documentation, testing, and deployment, all the way to
monitoring
- Implement high quality, maintainable systems that facilitate low friction
development and deployment of Analytics product
- Participate in architectural decisions about adoption of new technologies
- Mentor other engineers about best practices regarding software
development and devops principles
- Work with product management to vet and guide the overall development of
the product
- Interact with customers to get feedback about the product and
occasionally provide support
- Own the services that power the analytics team and serve as architect and
lead for the team.

Preferred Experience and Background:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 6-10 years of software development
- Experience with front-end technologies like javascript, css and related
frameworks, like Angular, React, Vue.
- Experience managing RDBMS
- Experience with managing infrastructure and systems
- Experience with Python and web frameworks in python and javascript
- We also use D3.js, Go and Elasticsearch in our stack so experience with
those is a plus
- Familiarity with agile software and test driven development
- Strong sense of ownership and passion for engineering great products with
stellar user experiences