[Baypiggies] Reminder: Raymond Hettinger tomorrow (Thursday)

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Thu Jun 22 00:02:28 EDT 2017

We are excited to have Raymond come speak to us. PLEASE update your RSVP
(one click) -- otherwise it's very difficult for us to plan food and
capacity in the room:

RSVP:
https://www.meetup.com/BAyPIGgies/events/233554061/

PLEASE be on time or early. There won't be a lot of time between when the
doors open (and grabbing the food provided) and when the talk starts. The
doors officially open at 7pm. However, we often get in early.

Speaker Bio

Raymond Hettinger is the Python core developer who created sets, generator
expressions, collections and itertools modules and designed the
compact-and-ordered dict. Raymond has also served as director of the Python
Software Foundation, and has mentored many people over the years on their
contributions to the python-dev community.  He's also well known for his
contributions to the Python Cookbook, and shares many pieces of Python
wisdom on Twitter.  He is a frequent keynote speaker at PyCons all over the
world and has received the Distinguished Service Award at PyCon in Montreal
2014 for his exceptional contributions to the python community.

Schedule

7:00 pm Networking and food

7:10 pm Presentation

8:50 pm Announcements / Random access