[Baypiggies] Reminder: Talk this week (Today/Thursday)

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Thu May 25 00:54:42 EDT 2017

If you can't get enough PyCon this week, we have our normally scheduled
talk this week:

http://baypiggies.net/

I'm excited and look forward to seeing you there.

Jacques Kvam
Abstract

Creating useful visualizations is an important skill for data scientists.
They allow us to gain new insights into our data. Dashboards are powerful
tools for creating complex and interactive visualizations. You can explore
data in ways static charts cannot. Bowtie <https://github.com/jwkvam/bowtie> is
a Python library that makes it easy to create dashboards. This talk will
introduce Bowtie and focus on creating dashboards and interesting features.
I will also discuss deploying them, the tech stack, and future work and
goals.
Speaker Bio

Jacques Kvam is a Data Scientist at Verdigris Technologies, an energy
analytics startup. He worked at Sandia National Labs as a staff R&D
engineer. He studied signal processing and communications at UW-Madison.
Meeting Details

Meeting Schedule:

   - 7:00 pm Networking and food
   - 7:15 pm Announcements and presentation
   - 8:45 pm Random access
   - 9:00 pm Event ends

Location:

LinkedIn