[Baypiggies] Job Opening at Apple: Location Software Engineer in Test

Andrew Wu andrewwu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 12:22:10 EDT 2018

Hello all!

I'm a member of the Location Services team on the testing (QA) side, and we
have a strong need for Python developers to help build out our toolset.
Our use of Python includes log parsing and sanitization; data analysis (via
portions of the PyData stack); web application development; and more.

Don't worry if you do not (yet) have a background in location technologies
- we are interested in finding strong software generalists, ideally with
experience in or interest in learning about the uses above.

If interested, you can reply to me here or at my work address: awu at apple.com
and mention BayPIGgies and the job opening.

Thank you!

Andrew

P.S.  For more information, the full job description and link are below:

https://jobs.apple.com/us/search?#&ss=Location%20Software%20Engineer%20in%20Test%20&t=0&so=&lo=0*USA&pN=0&openJobId=113523937

Location Software Engineer in Test

   - Job Number: 113523937
   - Santa Clara Valley, California, US
   - Weekly Hours: 40.00

Job Summary

Join our Location, Motion and Connectivity team and drive innovation that
matters! We create and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich
people’s lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience. If you're
passionate about building technology that will make a difference, we may
have the job for you. The Location, Motion and Connectivity team works on
the next generation of location technologies on iOS, MacOS, tvOS and the
revolutionary Watch. In this position, you will be a key player
collaborating with the development team to help conduct experiments to
collect test data and validate them for upcoming innovative location
features. You'll be part of a highly high-energy team that has delivered
amazing location technologies such as GPS, Indoor Location, iBeacon, Auto
Unlock of Mac and many more. Our team is seeking a motivated, highly
technical and comprehensive individual to help us build the best location
experience for our customers.
Key Qualifications

   - Strong analytical skills
   - Excellent scripting skills, preferably in Python
   - Deep understanding of SQA test methodologies, practices and concepts
   - Excellent Debugging skills & experience troubleshooting
   - Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate
   while confidently driving multiple projects across many teams
   - Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our
   customers

Description

You will join a dynamic team responsible for qualifying cutting-edge iOS
location features while collaborating with various multi-functional teams.
You will design, development and execute new test scenarios, report bugs,
solve problems and develop innovative automation tools.
Education

Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Additional Requirements

Challenge the design and implementation in a way critical to user
experience; design and conduct tests/experiments for algorithm verification
and validation You love reporting test results with deep analysis;
debugging and diagnosing issues Develop data visualization tools and test
automation tools