[Baypiggies] Last Day To Register Online -- And New Data Analysis Class in December

Marilyn Davis mdavis2 at ucsc.edu
Fri Jul 20 13:20:27 EDT 2018

Hi Python People,

This is the last day to register for the online "Python For Programmers"
class:

http://course.ucsc-extension.edu/modules/shop/index.html?action=section&OfferingID=5591127&SectionID=6141039

But, another opens on August 3:

http://course.ucsc-extension.edu/modules/shop/index.html?action=section&OfferingID=5591127&SectionID=6141083

****>>>  The exciting news, for me at least, is that I'll be teaching a new
course:

   "Python For Data Analysis", in the lab at UCSC Extension in Santa Clara,
Dec 10 - 14
                               plus 2 weeks online to complete class
Reviews and
                               ask questions.

http://course.ucsc-extension.edu/modules/shop/index.html?action=section&OfferingID=6240437&SectionID=6240451

The tools: Jupyter Notebooks, Pandas, and underlying libraries have set me
on fire and sent me back to my science roots to learn and teach these
modern day miracles.  Let's bring truth forward!

I'll teach a face-to-face Python class at the Extension Aug 20 - 23, with
10 days online for questions and to complete the class Reviews:

http://course.ucsc-extension.edu/modules/shop/index.html?action=section&OfferingID=5591127&SectionID=6140361

and again Dec 3 - 6, + 10 days online:

http://course.ucsc-extension.edu/modules/shop/index.html?action=section&OfferingID=5591127&SectionID=6217855

----
All courses are hands-on with short lectures, and lots of relevant
exercises, and, we study the solutions after some lab time.

Questions are always welcome; discussion and pair-programming are
encouraged.

Please come, and send students!

Marilyn Davis, Ph.D.
Python Instructor