[Baypiggies] Why PIP sudden jump to 18.0?

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Sun Jul 22 18:38:26 EDT 2018

Ah, I see the answer now. We often say at my old job, "Thank you rubber ducky", for providing a sounding board so that I can answer questions for myself.The versioning system has changed to a calendar based versioning system instead:

Release Notes

18.0 (2018-07-22)

Process

- Switch to a Calendar based versioning scheme.
- Formally document our deprecation process as a minimum of 6 months of deprecation warnings.
- Adopt and document NEWS fragment writing style.
- Switch to releasing a new, non bug fix version of pip every 3 months.

Cheers,

Glen Jarvis
--
I use these email security features: