[Baypiggies] Exciting news about PyBay2019's Speakers, CFP, and Submissions Voting

Grace Law grace at pybay.com
Fri Mar 29 22:09:53 EDT 2019

Hi Pythonistas,

Thanks so much for supporting and trusting SF Python’s crazy ideas to grow
the Python community and ecosystem in the Bay Area.

I’m thrilled to announce a few enhancements to this year’s PyBay
<https://pybay.com>, our regional Python conference on *Aug 15-18*:

1) The speakers' registration fee has been reduced to $175, and possibly
even less, depending on whether we can recruit more sponsors
<https://pybay.com/2019-sponsors-prospectus/>!

We’re not a fan of PyCon's “everybody pays” policy but made the tough
choice in prior years so we can still put on PyBay with the cost going up
exponentially as the conference grows. This year, thanks to Bloomberg
<https://www.techatbloomberg.com/>, we have reduced the speakers'
registration fee.  We’re also working on a VIP party for speakers, crew,
and notable members of the community. If you still need help with the
speakers’ registration fee, financial aid will cover you. If you still want
to pay full price because your company is cool, the money saved will go
toward supporting diversity and inclusion scholarships.

2) Submitting and managing your proposals is now much easier

Starting late next week, you can create a login to submit and update your
draft proposal. If your proposal is selected, your dashboard will give you
all the info you need for a better experience. If you’ve already submitted
a proposal, we’ll import your submission(s) into our new system and send
you a login in case you want to make changes.

3) Voting on talks & workshops voting is now painless

Volunteering to vote on talk and workshop proposals is a great way to
contribute back to the community. By reviewing proposals, you learn about
topics that interest you. It also helps advance your career - you’ll learn
what’s helpful and what’s not when pitching your ideas to others, including
when you submit your own proposal to speak at meetup or conference. This
year, we’ve made it easy to vote on one or more talk categories that you’re
interested in or have skills in. Let us know
<https://forms.gle/AyQiGnAAP8xm65qt7> if you want to vote for talks &
tutorials. And the form has options to help in other areas, too, if you’re
interested.

4) The Call for proposals close date has been extended to April for talks
and May 15 for workshops.

We’re extending the deadline to submit proposals to give everyone who needs
it an opportunity to make sure their proposal is considered.

*Our amazing team of volunteers has worked hard to make PyBay2019 the best
one yet. *We hope you’re as excited as we are!
Please submit talks/workshops <https://pybay.com/2019-speaker-info/>, become
a sponsor, <https://pybay.com/2019-sponsors-prospectus/> and/or volunteer
<https://forms.gle/AyQiGnAAP8xm65qt7> to make your days at your most loved
Python conference a week to remember!

And please high-five our speaker registration sponsor Bloomberg or send
them some social love when you get a chance!

[image: 2000px-Bloomberg_logo.svg.png]

🙏💕👍

Grace Law

PyBay Conference Chair and SF Python Organizer

415-323-0388 / grace at pybay.com

SF Python <http://sfpython.org/> is a volunteer-run organization aiming to
foster the Python Community in the Bay Area. We produce ~20 educational
events a year including PyBay <https://pybay.com/>, the Regional Python
Conference in SF this August. Learn more <https://youtu.be/KmB6ODYAYUQ>
ᐧ