[Baypiggies] Configuration Suggestion for Python

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 23:35:47 EST 2020

There are standard libraries for reading things like .ini and .toml files.
Some people just read JSON or YAML files. In Django, they just use Python
code and read from the environment when you want overrides to happen;
that's probably what I do the most often. I'm not sure of anything that
combines a non-code config file with automatic overrides from the
environment, but I'm sure it exists. I haven't tried either of the things
you linked to.

On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 7:26 PM Samir Faci (Dev) <dev at esamir.com> wrote:

> I was looking for something similar to GoLang's viper.
> https://github.com/spf13/viper
>
> If you're not familiar with it, it's nothing that fancy but it allows for
> config to be written in JSON, YAML, TOML and ENVIRONMENT can be used to
> override settings.
>
> I've found a few candidates like:
>
> https://pypi.org/project/gila/
>
> https://github.com/alexferl/vyper
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations or experience with either of these
> tools?
>

> --
> Thank you
> Samir Faci
> https://keybase.io/csgeek

In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with
great love. -- Mother Teresa