[Baypiggies] PyCon Watching Party tomorrow (Thursday) night

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Wed May 27 14:48:29 EDT 2020

For our next BAyPIGgies meeting, we're having a PyCon Watching Party (a hallway track just for us).
For those who haven't been to PyCon before, PyCon is the largest annual gathering for the community using and developing the open-source Python programming language. And, it's also a lot of fun!

However, because of the COVID-19 situation this year, we were not able to
attend in person.

Let's not let that stop us. We're going to make our own hallway track.

Many of the speakers at PyCon have recorded their talks and they have been
posted by the PyCon organizers online.

One of our BAyPIGgies organizers, Glen (that's me), used to have a Post-PyCon-Watching Party where we would vote on our favorite videos, break out the projector, watch the winners, discuss, and have fun.

We're doing an online version of that this year.

How do you participate?

1. Briefly review these talks:
   https://us.pycon.org/2020/online/#talks

2. Be ready to vote on the video that you think we should watch when we post the voting board. (You can vote as many times as you like).

3. Be sure you know and follow our code of conduct:
   https://baypiggies.net/pages/code_of_conduct.html
   We need to be Open, Considerate and Respectful.
   Please keep conversation on Python and PyCon related topics.

4. RSVP 'Yes' Here:
   https://www.meetup.com/BAyPIGgies/events/270239115/

5. Register for the webinar at the link displayed on Meetup after you RSVP 'Yes' (step 4 above).
6. (optional) Pop some popcorn and bring your questions to the webinar in the link given in step 5 above. Of course, please keep the questions Python and PyCon related.

7. (conditional) If you were a PyCon speaker and would be willing to do Q&A live with us, please let us know.

Let's do PyCon virtually this year....

Glen
--
[glenjarvis_email.png]
Consultant  / Technical Trainer / Software Engineer

[Twitter](https://twitter.com/glenjarvis) / [LinkedIn](https://www.linkedin.com/in/glenjarvis/) / [Keybase](https://keybase.io/glenjarvis)