[Baypiggies] UCSC Zoom Retreats 25% off: Data Class Next Week; Programmers Class The Next

Marilyn Davis mdavis2 at ucsc.edu
Thu May 28 20:32:04 EDT 2020

Hi Python People,

Next week we are offering 25% off on an intensive retreat: "Python For
Data Analysis" with meetings held via Zoom.  We meet Monday -
Thursday, June 1 - 4, 9-5, via Zoom, and then 10 more days online with
access to the materials, instructor and classmates.

With the miracle tools: Python, Pandas, and Jupyter notebooks, we go
from zero to analyzing data in this short class.  It is helpful, but
not required, to know a programming language, and a little about
statistics.
https://course.ucsc-extension.edu/modules/shop/index.html?action=section&OfferingID=6240437&SectionID=6844319
---

The next week, June 8 - 11, 9-5, we have 25% off for "Python For
Programmers" via Zoom. Students have online access to the materials,
instructor and other students for 10 days after.  For this intensive
course, please have some programming experience in any language.
https://course.ucsc-extension.edu/modules/shop/index.html?action=section&OfferingID=5591127&SectionID=6843315
---

If you'd rather have plenty of time to study, you can start the
totally online version of "Python For Programmers" on June 16,
although the official start isn't until July 21.  You'll have access
to videos and other online materials, and the instructor until
September 15. I have a reputation for answering all questions quickly
and patiently because I
like to help.  And, we have the 25% discount for this course too!
https://course.ucsc-extension.edu/modules/shop/index.html?action=section&OfferingID=5591127&SectionID=6945191

---
All courses are hands-on with short lectures, and lots of relevant
exercises, and, we study the solutions after some lab time.

Questions are always welcome.

Please come, and send students!

Marilyn Davis, Ph.D.
Python Instructor