[Baypiggies] Summer Python Studies at UCSC-Extension, Silicon Valley

Marilyn Davis mdavis2 at ucsc.edu
Wed Jun 9 13:02:10 EDT 2021

A fresh new version of our online "Python For Programmers" course, opens
June 15:

https://course.ucsc-extension.edu/modules/shop/index.html?action=section&OfferingID=5591127&SectionID=7337151

You have access to videos, other online materials, and the instructor until
September 14.

I'm excited about this particular course because it will be the first to
use our new, up-to-date videos, complete with moving diagrams for the
difficult concepts.

For this course, it is best to have some programming experience in any
language.  However, online we have a lot of time to work through the
material.  I have a reputation for answering all questions quickly and
patiently because I like to help.

---

Coming soon:

Python For Data Analysis - Via Live Zoom   Jun 29, 2021 - Aug 31, 2021

10 Tuesdays 6:30 - 9:30 PM PDT.

https://course.ucsc-extension.edu/modules/shop/index.html?action=section&OfferingID=6240437&SectionID=7339275

With the miracle tools: Python, Pandas, and Jupyter notebooks, we go from
zero to analyzing data in this short class.  It is helpful, but not
required to know a programming language, and a little about statistics.

---

All courses are hands-on with short lectures, and lots of relevant
exercises, and, we study the solutions after some lab time.

Questions are always welcome.

Please come, and send students!

Marilyn Davis, Ph.D.
Python Instructor