[Baypiggies] This month's BayPiggies: Data Science Night (October 28th)

Jeff Fischer jeffrey.fischer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 13:34:57 EDT 2021

Data Science Night: Practical ML and Data Science Interviews

For our October online meeting, we'll have a talk from Tyler Suard on
Machine Learning in business and a lightning talk from Linda Zhou on data
science interviews.

Agenda:

   - 7:00 pm - 7:10 pm -- Announcements
   - 7:10 pm - 7:25 pm -- Lightning talk
   - 7:30 pm - 8:15 pm -- Main talk

Lightning Talk: Data Science Interviews from a Hiring Manager's Perspective

What is the difference between a Data Scientist, a Data Engineer, a Data
Analyst, and an ML Engineer? Which should I apply for? What can I do to
prepare for my interview?

Speaker Bio: Linda Zhou

Linda is a Director of Data Science Engineering at Cisco in the AppDynamics
product line. She has worked in various roles in engineering, product
management, alliances, and solutions marketing. She received an MBA from
Carnegie Mellon University and a BS in Computer Science and Engineering
from Jinan University.
Practical ML: How Business Are Using AI

AI is super cool... but is it practical? This talk explores the many ways
that AI is being used in businesses, so you can make money building it.

Speaker Bio: Tyler Suard

Tyler Suard is a Python software developer in the field of Machine Learning
and AI. He loves spaceships, giant robots, and his cat Ridley.
Code of Conduct

https://baypiggies.net/pages/code_of_conduct.html

Interactions online have less nuance than in-person interactions. Please be
Open, Considerate and Respectful. Also, please refrain from discussing
topics unrelated to the Python community or the technical content of the
meeting.
RSVP

We will conduct the meeting via Zoom. Please register in advance. To do so,
go to the Meetup page for this event:
https://www.meetup.com/BAyPIGgies/events/281452793/. If you RSVP "Yes" to
this event on MeetUp, the link to the Zoom meeting will be displayed. If
you do not have a MeetUp account, you can email me directly, and I can
share the link with you.

Please note that:

   - You are expected to follow our code of conduct.
   - The meeting will be recorded and uploaded to our YouTube Channel at a
   later date.

Thanks,
Jeff and the BayPiggies organizers