[Baypiggies] Announcing PyBay's talk list and our newest sponsor

Grace Law grace at pybay.com
Tue Sep 7 14:06:51 EDT 2021

Hi, hope you had a great Labor Day break.

I want to thank everyone that has submitted talk(s) for PyBay this year,
we’re amazed at the quantity and quality of submissions within a short
week.

Here’s a small sample of our talks and speakers for PyBay2021 Food
Truck Edition:

   - Building a database with Python with *Yury Selivanov*, founder of
   EdgeDB and Core Python developer on async/await and contextvars.
   - Observable Python Applications with *Moshe Zadka*, contributor to
   CPython and founding member of the Twisted project.
   - Managing the Test Data Nightmare with *Andrew Knight*, author of the
   popular tech blog AutomationPanda.com.
   - Cutting edge hyperparameter tuning made simple with Ray Tune with *Xiaowei
   Jiang*, machine learning engineer at Anyscale, and previously at Google
   and Uber.
   - IDOM — it’s React, but in Python with *Ryan Moorshead*, software
   engineer at Amazon and contributor for Jupyter and IPython.
   - Keeping things Simple — From Simple Webapps to Enterprise Python
with *Robert
   Jackiewicz*, staff engineer at Carta.
   - Polyglot Design Patterns for the Adventurous with *Kevin Jones*, NGINX
   evangelist and Blockchain ninja.
   - Descriptors are like Ninjas with *Madelaine Boyd*, founding engineer
   at Bit.io.

*Dig it?*

Let's take this moment to recognize our super diligent content crew: Xun
Tang, James Abel, Phebe Polk, Jeff Fischer, Karen Dalton, Chuck Chan.
They've worked tirelessly, some into the weekend, to arrive at this year's
talk list. We will be meeting again this week to finalize the line-up.
We’ll also be funneling some talks to Bay Area meetup groups, SF Python and
Bay Piggies, in the coming months.
We are also pleased to announce NGINX as a Silver sponsorNGINX, now a part
of F5, Inc., is the company behind the popular open source project, NGINX.
They offer a suite of technologies for developing and delivering modern
applications. Together with F5, their combined solution bridges the gap
between NetOps and DevOps, with multi‑cloud application services that span
from code to customer. Check them out at nginx.com

This year in particular, we are relying on sponsors in order to deliver the
best possible experience for our attendees, including A/V suitable for
outdoor conditions. NGINX's contribution made a huge impact but we can
benefit from more sponsors.
Please talk to your company and ask them to become a sponsor.

Sponsorship options include:

If your company wants to provide security guards to ensure Covid-19
compliance or to provide laptop and phone charging stations, we can make
that happen too. Visit pybay.com <http://www.pybay.com/> for more details.
Let’s create a better reality for Pythonistas in the San Francisco Bay Area
— TOGETHER

Looking forward to seeing you at PyBay2021 Food Truck Edition on October 9,
2021.

Thanks in advance for liking this post, saving the date, and spreading the
word!

Your humble servant,

Grace Law
SF Python Founder and PyBay Conference Chair

SF Python <https://sfpythonmeetup.com> is a volunteer-run organization
aiming to foster the Python Community in the Bay Area. Join us at PyBay,
OUTDOOR Python Conference at a cool food truck park in SF this October.