[PyBel] ASBL/VZW creation?

Hugo Herter hugo at hugoherter.com
Thu Aug 11 16:02:30 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I am also interested in joining the new Python BE project. Given the
traffic of this ML, I think it makes more sense to discuss the subject here
than in private/direct messages.

I believe that the Python community in Belgium is not at its best and that
it could achieve great things with a little bit of help. We are indeed far
away from the capability to brew our own EuroPython, but I have a
Masterplan:
- 1. Workshops <https://www.meetup.com/OpenTechSchool-Brussels/> on a
regular basis to get more people involved
- 2. Drinks (because Ludo's Afpyros were great at the time), ideally in
alternance with the workshops
- 3. Talks every few months
- 4. PyCon.be in addition to Python-FOSDEM, either in conjunction or ~6
months apart
- 5. EuroPython, EarthPython, and MilkywayPython

Best,

*H**ugo **H**ERTER*
+32/485.191.123
hugoherter.com <http://www.hugoherter.com/>