[PyBel] ASBL/VZW creation?

Stephane Wirtel stephane at wirtel.be
Wed Aug 17 13:14:56 EDT 2016

Hi Didrik,

Sorry I am in vacations with my family for one week. I will be available
on 23rd August.

On 08/17, Didrik Pinte wrote:
>Hi Stefan
>
>On 11 August 2016 at 22:54, Stephane Wirtel <stephane at wirtel.be> wrote:
>
>> Hi Didrik,
>>
>> On 08/11, Didrik Pinte wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Wouter,
>>>
>>> On 11 August 2016 at 19:06, Gmail - Wouter <wouter.vanden.hove at gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello

>>> I don't have the feeling anyone is pushing for organizing EuroPython in
>>> this thread or on the mailing list. This thread is about getting a basic
>>> structure in place that would allow us to start doing something. My
>>> personal main interest is/was giving a little bit of money to a legal
>>> entity related to python BE. Others mentioned conferences but without any
>>> specific details.
>>>

>> In fact, in this mailing list, we have some people interested by the
>> organisation of a pycon.be, myself, for example ;-)
>>
>> but I can organise an event alone, but I don't want to do it, because we
>> are a community and I am looking for some members, I just want to see: "ok,
>> Stephane, I am going to be with you for PyCon.be"
>>

>>> Given that the resources are nearly non-existant for a huge task like
>>> this,

>>> I have no specific opinions on this. I'm mostly working abroad but excited
>>> and happy every time I see some movements on the Python BE front. I won't
>>> be able to commit serious time to such kind of organization but will
>>> provide financial support if needed.
>>>
>> In fact, time, financial support and beer support ;-)
>>
>> But sincerely, I need your help. In the near future, I am going to propose
>> a volunteer survey for pycon.be and several Python meetups in Belgium.
>> Brussels, Namen/Namur, Luik/Liege, Antwerpen/Anvers, Charleroi,
>> Mons/Bergem, etc...
>> For example, Didrik, excepted the financial support (thank you for the
>> financial support, it's really important), how can you help us ? For
>> example, 1 or 2 hours per weeks/months ?
>>

>I can help in various ways. I can definitely spend some time supporting the
>organization of the conference. I've been mainly involved in organizing
>EuroScipy in the past years. The hardest part for me is planning as I am
>abroad quite a lot. One thing is sure, if something is organized, I'll be
>present.

I think to propose the creation of workgroups, one for the website, one
for the communication, one for administration, etc...

See you later, maybe in Brussels for a small meeting before September.

--
Stéphane Wirtel - http://wirtel.be - @matrixise