[Python-Belgium] FOSDEM 2019 - Staff & Video Volunteers

Eric Gazoni eric at adimian.com
Mon Jan 14 05:44:40 EST 2019

Hi !

FOSDEM is in 3 weeks from now, and I see a couple of volunteers already
have subscribed to the different polls I sent, thanks a lot!
For those who just have now a clearer view on their agenda: *many spots are
still open! *

Notably there are plenty of room at the booth (
https://framadate.org/python-fosdem-2019-stand) which is a very fun
experience and a great way to meet with people curious about Python (isn't
it why we're going to FOSDEM?).
A good number is 2-3 people at the booth during peak hours, since that's
about how many people we can fit behind the table.

Also, it would be great to have people handling the recording (
https://framadate.org/python-fosdem-2019-video).
It seems that the role of the operator is limited to:
- swapping batteries in the microphone when they run out
- keeping an eye on the recordings and warn the FOSDEM video team if
something isn't working for some reason

The video team also published some guides for the potential operators:
- TL;DR guide:
https://github.com/FOSDEM/video/blob/master/instructions/sources/FOSDEM_Devroom_manual.md
- The full manual for video (obviously not just for the operators):
https://github.com/FOSDEM/video/blob/master/instructions/FOSDEM_AV_manual.pdf

Regarding the devroom, we'll have someone present to host the room itself,
but it's going to be a lot of hassle to present the speakers *and* manage
the video feed, so if 2-3 more people could register to handle the video
that would be very appreciated.

Looking forward to see you there!

Kind regards,
Eric