[Borgbackup] Fwd: --exclude-from | --remote-path

Stan Armstrong mfseeker at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 07:14:23 EST 2016

My exclusion list is being ignored. I have attached it. I am trying to
backup to a remote server on my LAN. The size of the backup is much too
large. I finally interrupted it. I assume that my exclusion of /media is
being ignored, and my large data disks are being included.

Here is the command I have used:

    # borg create --exclude-from /home/stan/backup-exclusions
    root at Barbara-office:/media/Backup-S/Borg-S::Thursday /*

Is the format of my list wrong?
Do I have it in the wrong place?

I started borg on the server machine using "borg server" issued from
that machine.

In future, will I have to do this, or is the purpose of the
"--remote-path PATH" option to make the borg on the server start
processing the archive? If so, what should PATH be? The documentation
says (default: "borg"). I don't understand how to interpret that so as
to end up with the correct option.