[Borgbackup] setting default compression

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Sat Mar 12 15:50:25 EST 2016

> Are there any plans to add something like, say, BORG_COMPRESSION, to set
> default compression?

Maybe, maybe not. A configuration file for the defaults might be another
option. Having some defaults stored in the repo are another option.

> I expect most of my use of borg will be scripted, but the command line
> is so easy compared to duplicity, that I am luxuriating in the ability
> to do ad hoc backups of "just this directory" whenever I want to, and it
> would be nice not to have to remember to add '-C ...' each time.

Until there is another way, you can always write a little wrapper script
that adds these options.

--

GPG ID: FAF7B393
GPG FP: 6D5B EF9A DD20 7580 5747 B70F 9F88 FB52 FAF7 B393