[Borgbackup] Lock error

Steve Schow steve at bstage.com
Sun May 15 15:32:05 EDT 2016

So I ran into this problem also today while running my first very large backup.  The size of my backup is close to 2TB.  it got most of the way through and then froze for some reason.  I hit ctrl-C and tried to launch it again and got these errors about locks.  Because I was using a remote repository, I found that I had to issue the break-lock command on both computers before I could run my backup again.

I hope this design will get a revisit sometime in the future.

In the meantime, what can I do to automate the handling of this problem?  I want my backup on a cron job.  Anyone have any suggestions for how to automatically clean up the lock problem when it occurs?  Particularly since it has to be cleaned up no both machines?