[Borgbackup] Official Windows Support

heiko.helmle at horiba.com heiko.helmle at horiba.com
Thu Jul 20 10:30:28 EDT 2017

Hello,

it looks to me that the windows branch has become pretty quiet. I'm sorry
to see that - i'd be quite interested in a command line borg that would
work natively (without cygwin) on windows.

So a question from a bystander: How far away would (basic) windows support
be?

I'm not expecting full features (ACLs or VSS-Support). Just being able to
backup files to a central location with (preferably) native path syntax
and as few workarounds as possible. Is something like that (borg running
on native windows python) even remotely planned?

Best Regards
 Heiko