[Borgbackup] Can backups be combined?

Christian abelschreck3 at freenet.de
Thu Oct 4 08:44:46 EDT 2018

Hi altogether,

does anybody know of a method to combine 2 or several backups?

Example:

I have a folder on my system which is called "python-course". In it I
have a video-file called "lesson_1.mp4".
I want to backup that folder.
So I use the command  "borg create -p -s -v -C lz4
/media/rosika/A492-CD29/borgbackups::python-course_backup
/home/rosika/Dokumente/python-course".

Next step:

I delete "lesson_1.mp4" in the original folder in order to save space
and instead store "lesson_2.mp4" in the folder.
To backup that one I use the command "borg create -p -s -v -C lz4
/media/rosika/A492-CD29/borgbackups::2python-course_backup
/home/rosika/Dokumente/python-course".

And so on.
Finally I have n backups containing one lesson per backup. But what if I
want to playback all of those lessons/backups or even mount them?
Is there a way of combining the backups "lesson_1.mp4" to "lesson_n.mp4"?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Gretings
Rosika

P.S.:
system: Linux/Lubuntu 16.04.5 LTS, 64 bit