[Borgbackup] Slow backup speed

Sebastian Pölsterl sebp at k-d-w.org
Tue Oct 30 04:16:23 EDT 2018

Hi,

I'm using borg via borgmatic to backup of about 10TB of data. Since
incremental backups take about 13 hours, I was wondering if there's any
configuration option that can be used to speed things up, or if 13 hours
is an expected duration.

In total, the volume contains about 25 million files, but changes are
rare. Backups are created daily and are carried out over a gigabit
network connection with the client's disk mounted via NFS on the server
running borg. Backups are created with --files-cache ctime,size and lz4
compression. Based on monitoring bandwidth usage, I would say that
network bandwidth is not the bottleneck.

Is there any configuration option I have been missing so far that could
help to speed up daily backups?

Thanks for your help!

--
Sebastian