[Borgbackup] Backup big volumes to multiple USB drives

shacky shacky83 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 03:29:54 EST 2018

Hi.
I have some big volumes (>10 Tb) which I need to backup on multiple
external USB drives (8 Tb each).

These volumes are incremental or something like "round robin": no files are
deleted but files are only added to them. When we have no space on them,
old data is moved to some offline volumes but they have not to be
considered as "deleted".

I am wondering if Borg Backup could help me to backup these files. It
should work with a single connected USB drive but remembering what was
backupped to other USB drives (which cannot be connected in the same time).
And if I look for a file it should tell me to what USB drive it was
backupped so I can connect it and take it out.

Could you help me?
If Borg Backup is not a solution for this, could you advise me another
solution, please?

Thank you very much!
Bye