[Borgbackup] bundling msgpack for borgback distribution

Felix Schwarz felix.schwarz at oss.schwarz.eu
Sun May 12 15:56:46 EDT 2019

Am 12.05.19 um 21:39 schrieb Thomas Waldmann:
>>    py.test-3 -x -vk "not test_non_ascii_acl and not test_fuse and not
>> benchmark and not test_dash_open and not test_mount_hardlinks"
>> $PYTHONPATH/borg/testsuite/*.py
>
> Hmm, what's the problem with test_dash_open?

I did not add the exclusion but the spec file has a comment:
# exclude test_dash_open: pytest stub has a bug and is fixed in 3.0.2 (epel7
uses 2.8.5)

I think the spec file is shared between Fedora + CentOS 7 (= EPEL) and just
excluding that test might make the spec simpler. (EPEL 7 now uses 2.9.2)

Right now I see a hang in the test suite on Fedora's s390x builder:
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=34754384

Jerry James mentioned that it hangs in
RemoteArchiverTestCase::test_extract_hardlinks
see also:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/SDBGO7IEEMFW3VHMOVZQ73RGISNOJ6CU/

Just in case you have some idea from the top of your head, please let me know.

>> 1. I patched python-msgpack to use only relative imports. That way I can move
>>    the msgpack sources into src/borg/_msgpack (Python package
>>    "borg._msgpack").
>>    I don't know why upstream only uses absolute imports but that part might
>>    actually go upstream.
>
> Guess that would be useful.

Most of that patch was merged by upstream today:
https://github.com/msgpack/msgpack-python/pull/357

> Guess what might be a nice way would be to do it like for the other libs
> / bundled sources:
> - default to "system" (lib)
> - have a switch for "bundled"
> - also fallback to bundled if not found on the system
>
> Guess that way everybody would be happy.

Yes, that would be best way for sure.

Felix