[Borgbackup] one file system

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Tue Aug 27 10:56:41 EDT 2019

On 27.08.19 15:33, richard lucassen wrote:
> I try to run a backup of a / fs with the option --one-file-system,
> the / fs is 3GB big, but borg is creating an archive that is at least
> 10GB big (after wich it seems to do nothing according to strace)

Sounds strange...

> /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/borg

Usually, that is just "borg". Why are you calling it via python3?

And isn't /usr/bin in $PATH anyway?

> --compression lz4

lz4 compression is the default in borg 1.1.

> --numeric-owner

Is there some special reason you're using that?

> Did I do something wrong somewhere?

I didn't see anything wrong (just some nitpicks).

You can just have a look into the archive after it has finished (borg
list), then you'll see what's in there.

You could also run borg using --list or --progress (not both), then you
see what it is doing while it is running.

--

GPG Fingerprint: 6D5B EF9A DD20 7580 5747  B70F 9F88 FB52 FAF7 B393
Encrypted E-Mail is preferred / Verschluesselte E-Mail wird bevorzugt.