[Borgbackup] borg create is not accepting PATH with SPACE in it

David Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Tue Mar 17 17:23:20 EDT 2020

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 8:19 AM Amar <amar at mailbox.org> wrote:

> Bu is there a way where I can list “excludes” in a file and “includes” in
> another file (something like this
> https://restic.readthedocs.io/en/latest/040_backup.html#including-files;
> just an example)?

You want includes and excludes in separate files?  I'm not sure you'd
really want that, since the order of include and exclude patterns make a
difference.  See the pattern documentation for more about this.  In any
case, --patterns-from lets you put them both in the same file, and you
could put them in in different "sections" if the file, if that's what you
really want.

> I also think (I maybe wrong; couldn’t find detailed documentation about
> this) that if I use "--patterns-from" I will have to give a root directory
> in PATH (after ARCHIVE) and then in patterns I will have to exclude
> everything I don’t want to backup and include everything I want to backup
> (? I am not clear on this).

With --patterns-from, you specify the root (or multiple roots) in the
pattern file using the 'R' prefix.  No need to put a root on the command
line.

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- Email: dave at gasaway.org