[Borgbackup] 'borg list' on bigger repo runs for days.

David Krause krause at biochem2.uni-frankfurt.de
Tue Jul 21 04:13:48 EDT 2020

Dear List,

borg was able to repair the backup

borg check --repair /path/to/repo

it just took about a week to do so.
The thing i take with me is that i'll try to finer granulate the backup,
not backup the storage,
so that i'll not get such huge backups of gt 2.2PB (huge for the
hardware borg runs on.)

Another lesson learned is that i will not prune after every backup
(daily), but once every weekend.
So in the case i have to get data from the backup i can cancel the
running backup and not leave
the repository in an unclean state.

For me the case is closed, thank you for your help!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards

David Krause
IT
Institute of Biochemistry II

Gustav Embden-Zentrum der Biochemie
Goethe University Frankfurt - Medical Faculty

University Hospital - Building 75
Theodor-Stern-Kai 7
60590 Frankfurt am Main
Germany