[Borgbackup] Backup taking very long - sometimes

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Thu Sep 17 14:41:56 EDT 2020

Am Donnerstag, 17. September 2020, 13:54:24 CEST schrieb borg-
samuel at balkonien.org:
> Thank you!
> I guess I'm getting closer. There is a chown -R which runs over the
> whole filesystem there.

Does that really blindly change all files?!? Tsss.

> It was part of hardened file permissions for nextcloud, but now I see
> they are not recommended anymore. So I will retire this script and hope
> the backup will be faster in the future.

You can easily write a script, that only changes files, that need changing.
I've done so in Python a few decades ago.. Let me know, if you want that.

Cheers,
Pete