[Borgbackup] ACLs not preserved

ralph strebbing blackbirdralph at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 03:01:51 EST 2022

Morning All,

I've been working on setting Borg up as our new backup solution, and I've
run into a snag. When following the Pull mode instructions using the
ssh-agent method, the files backed up don't seem to have any ACLs included,
and aren't shown when mounted or extracted on the backup server. The owner
and group UIDs are the only thing that seem to be preserved.

I'm running both systems on an ext4 filesystem with ACLs enabled, and the
ACL utils installed. Running borg 1.2.0 via the PPA on Ubuntu 20.04 on both
the client and backup server.

Is there an option somewhere that I'm missing? Or an additional step maybe?

Any help is appreciated!

Regards,
Ralph