[Borgbackup] Congratulations and thank you to the Borg Collective

Kevin Bowrin KevinBowrin at Cunet.Carleton.Ca
Sat Feb 26 12:27:28 EST 2022

Hello all,

Congratulations to the Borg devs for the 1.2.0 release!

We're testing out Borg as a backup solution for our systems, where we need long term storage of large files which don't change much. The deduplication feature is saving us a lot of headaches. The streaming tar extract pairs very well with gpg and rclone for off site backups.  The append only option for clients is a nice feature for ransomware protection. Installation, config, and deployment were a breeze, and the docs are very well done.

Thank you for a great piece of software.

Best,
Kevin Bowrin
Carleton University
Ottawa