[Bundle-sponsorship-wg] PROPOSAL: International PyCon Sponsorship Bundles - Invitation to edit

Betsy Waliszewski betsy at python.org
Wed Sep 30 22:35:01 CEST 2015

Hi,

Yes, Ewa shared the first 3 documents with me. The original prospectus is
wonderfully complete, but also very complicated. I'm not sure how we would
be able to manage those kinds of offerings with our small staff. That's why
I took a stab at creating something smaller and more manageable.

I understand your point about not being able to offer a discount to other
conferences. However, if we're able to get larger companies to participate
in the non-PSF conferences with our bundle, the non-PSF event organizers
may *want* to offer discounts. The benefit to them is that we're bringing
more attention to their events (resulting in more sponsorship $$) and by
being "the middle man" we make coordination easier for them.

That being said, we don't have to offer discounts. And I wasn't suggesting
removing the administration fee - just including that cost in the
sponsorship fee.

What do you think of the bundle itself? The benefits came directly from the
original sponsorship document you sent.

Betsy

--
Betsy Waliszewski