[Bundle-sponsorship-wg] International PyCon Prospectus

Betsy Waliszewski betsy at python.org
Fri Mar 11 10:18:28 EST 2016

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 12:36 AM, M.-A. Lemburg <mal at python.org> wrote:

> On 11.03.2016 00:38, Betsy Waliszewski wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've been working closely with the EuroPython designer on a redesign of
> our
> > prospectus. I think it's finally ready for the team to take a look. There
> > are still a few tweaks that need to happen, but it looks pretty good, I
> > think.
>
> Very nice indeed :-)
>
> > Unfortunately, we did not get any takers from the initial round of
> emails,
> > but that was before we had this nifty new design. I would also like to
> > revisit offering a discount, as that was a comment I received from Red
> Hat.
> >
> > Let me know what you think.
>
> What kind of discount are you referring to ?

It's in the original prospectus that you all worked on before I came on
board.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l2U25lOGOKg5Zrt-UT7KJo9TnhIMAbRd9WEPn1_nA_I/edit#heading=h.e5asua79fjr8

There was mention of a discount on the *program administration fees* if a
company signed up for all of the events. That's the only discount we can
offer, unless we want to offer a discount on PyCon US.

The comment I got was "why should we sign up with the PSF and pay 15% more
when we can sign up on our own." Apparently, the offer to manage the
initial paperwork isn't enough to motivate a company signing up :-(.

Maybe we need to rethink what the value is of what we have to offer.

Betsy

--
Betsy Waliszewski
Python Software Foundation